Thursday 17 January 2008

ex RAF Hercules!

No diary blog this week but this move was sufficiently out of the ordinary so I thought I'd make a special entry.

I had a move to do from a farm to a scrapyard, the details just said FLT. I was thinking that it'd probably be a small industrial fork lift or similar. I've moved stuff between the two places before but never a forklift.

Anyway I roll up first thing on Monday, it's dark wet and very muddy and get told to back up to the barn and he'll bring it out. The beast that rolled out was a Henley Hercules 22, ex RAF. It's a monster that stands 10' high, 22' long and 8' widefrom tip to tail, and can lift about 14 tonnes. Oh and it tips the scales at about 13.5t

It's a container stacker and it's got some work to do rearranging some containers. When I get to the scrapyard, the customer is busy telling his African tenant that if he doesn't get those cars shifted before the forklift comes off he's going to do it for him!

No comments: