Monday 5 May 2008

Not quite Truckfest

I'm still without a camera at the moment and the camera phone is just too fiddly and not good enough quality to bother with all the time so no proper blog this week either. Normal blogging should be back soon hopefully.

Here's a picture that was worth the effort however.

Photobucket

It's a Volvo FH16 610 10x4 plated at 150t GVW, put simply it's a beast. 3 steering axles, two lift axles and almost certainly unique in the UK.

I was at the East of England Showground on Friday to collect the tractor and drill rig that was in the last post. I'd taken it there earlier in the week to the Geodrilling show and on Friday the show was over and everything being cleared as Truckfest was moving in and taking over. As I pulled up at the exhibitors gate behind some slightly tidier motors, the guard just looked and said "Geodrilling?" Cheeky bugger what's he trying to say.

The Volvo was collecting a huge drilling rig, I'd have hung about for some more pics but it was a bit chaotic and I was sort of in the way.

No comments: